New Stubby Bottles Have Joined the Schmidt House Archives!

These Stubby bottles just joined our historical archives housed in the Schmidt House.

Olympia introduced the 11 ounce Stubby bottle in late 1935.

It was safer to ship (shorter neck = less breakage), stacked easily, and took up less room in the home refrigerator. The two examples shown here are from the late 1930s.

The other Stubby is marked “last Oly run” from May 27, 2003. This was the final batch of beer made at the Tumwater plant.

Many thanks to local Oly collector Dave Elerding who donated these bottles to our collection. And thanks to Oly expert Gary Flynn for the history information.

Artesian #81
Artesian #81

Share This News On